This could technically be considered two different steps of branding, but I do them together. Fonts outside of the context of the brand's wordmark just don't always work the same way. I need to see them within the wordmark to really get an idea of if they are fully communicating the concept I'm trying to portray.
So here, I started thinking that I wanted the word "Slumber" to be a more scripty, feminine font, where the word "Scones" is a bit more whimsical and adventurous. But they both need to complement one another in the end. Also, I needed to consider including an ampersand as well. I started by pulling a few fonts I liked on an individual level.
Note: I own approximately 1,000 fonts, so this was a fun adventure...
Next, I put them together into a few combinations. It was obviously very quickly that two of the lowercase fonts worked better together than any others, so I was mostly experimenting with the capital S's and the ampersand.
When I found one I liked enough, I tweaked it a bit into the final wordmark. And now it's time to combine that with some of the logo icon sketches I've been playing with to create a full logo!
Thank you so much for visiting! If you love A OhKait, or any of my many projects, please share. Without you, A OhKait wouldn't exist, so thank you so much much for your continued support.
All contents and photography copyright A OhKait and Kaitlyn M Rubin. Please do not redistribute any content without my express written permission. Thanks!